Just thought it be nice to have some progress logs of some concept work.
The Chimera Redesign painting was for a CGHub submission, one of the Creature Planets topics. I've always liked how the site encourages WIP shots, so I've decided to archive some WIP posts of some of the work that I do from now on.
What I learned from this painting:
- Painting lava and fire. Also more practice with obsidian's specularity.
- Lion's head anatomy.
- More practice with simple backgrounds for a character concept.
I'll definitely try to post more of these WIP progress logs in the future. Shrimp out!
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
After taking up all of second semester to work on the Modular Character assignment, it is finally finished!
I've learned that I love geeking out on textures. Figuring out how to work materials in UDK is still a developing skill for me, but it was fun trying to tweak specular power for the armor pieces. This is definitely a field I want to improve on, and I already have my next target of choice:
Modeled a year ago, but I never finished the textures.
The last project we worked on for junior year was animation. Surprisingly, it wasn't too bad - I guess because it was something new. So here's the final assignment I turned in. The character was a model I created in sophomore year that is a current WIP for the textures and normals.