Thursday, October 25, 2012

iOS Project Art

I've been working on an iOS project lately with a small start up company called Left Coast Games. The game has the appearance of a 2D fighter but plays out like an RPG. Here's the art for one of the stages, (also added to my 2D Portfolio):



The background was designed for a 3D effect (similar to Xenogears) in which the camera slightly toggles around perpendicular planes with textures while the characters on screen are flat, 2D sprites. I broke up the background elements to have a parallax effect when the camera shifts around.

I've also been in charge of all the UI, character art, and animations for this project, too. Here's a sneak peek of one of quite a few sprite animations I had to do: (click for better res)


More posts about the project may come soon! :)